Thursday, May 01, 2008

Therapy Session Below



I am both anxious and excited!!

Tomorrow I will go to my first scrap booking party!

I'm anxious because just the idea of scrap booking, much less the sight of women scrap booking, gives me anxiety and guilt trips. I'm NOT exaggerating!!

I am sooo, soooo, sooooo behind in my albums that I couldn't possibly fathom the idea of adding scrap booking to the task. How far behind?

Well, I normally tell people that Catherine and Kolbe are waiting for their baby books. Actually, the truth is that Anna and Sophia are waiting for theirs, too.

I've resorted to lying in their books. I have NO idea when their teeth fell out so I just guess and write August of 2001 or September of 2003. No exact date. And never for all the teeth. Okay, I've not lied for them all ..... only Anna. I just left Sophia's, Kolbe's and Catherine's books blank. But I do intend to go back and fill in something (aka lie) when I get a chance.

And so whenever I see moms with beautiful albums, and portrait photos taken every 3-4 months in beautiful albums (I'm thinking of a particular dear friend ... and she has 5 kids so I can't use that excuse), I want to cry.

If I ever went into therapy I would probably spend all my time talking about how I can't seem to find the time to do their baby albums ..... that and not taking my comps to get my masters. But I've pretty much gotten over that last one.

So why am I joining a scrap booking club?????

Well, one of the ladies suggested I just show up with my pictures and albums and organize and finish those baby albums. (Did I mention I don't have any family vacation, family holiday, or family anything albums, too?!?). She said they meet once a month from 7pm until 2am.





Can you imagine how much work I can get done before the baby is born? That's 6 months worth of meetings! That's 42 hours of non-interrupted albuming!

And why do I need to do this? Because I made 3 for Isabelle and almost every week all the children like to pull them out and look at her pictures. They LOVE looking at her baby pictures. And because at some point they've all cried because they don't have their own albums. And because I just have to. Now I've found a way and I won't need to go into therapy after all.

Thank you for listening! ;-)

**Just wanted to add that I'm getting more anxious than excited now. If only doing albums could be as easy as blogging!! I really don't know where to start with these albums. I tend to take too many pictures and can never choose which ones to use. Also, I'm starting to feel embarrassed at how I'm going to look when I show up. Each child has a plastic storage box or large storage box FULL of baby pictures. That's five boxes full of pictures and 4 empty albums. I win the Slacker Mom of the Decade award!!**

8 comments:

Jennie C. said...

I have no idea where to start either. I was good for years about putting the photos into albums as soon as I got them, then, sometime in Germany, I just started letting those little envelopes stack up. Then two years ago or so, I got a digital camera, and I don't have ANY of those photos printed out. NONE!! Slacker Mom, indeed.

Anonymous said...

Just take one box, and work on one album at a time. Be patient with yourself, and keep at it. Try to approach it with a sense of humor, and determination to get them done. Good luck!

And you're not a slacker mom. Your kids know you love them, and that matters most.

~Leda

Lillian said...

Jennie, it makes me feel better to know I'm not on this sinking boat alone!! Still wish I wasn't sinking, though! LOL!

Leda, I NEVER would have thought to only take one box and album with me. Can you tell I don't know how to break this project into small chunks, thus the procrastination?!?

Great advice!

Kristen said...

Lillian,

You can do it! Don't worry so much. The kids will care much more about just having an album with their photos in it than how it looks or if it is perfect. Just do the best you can and know that you are doing it for them and they will be so happy! I do baby books for each of ours, and they get simpler with each baby, but that is OK...at least the get their own!!! Allia and Mariana just love looking through theirs. I also do one family album a year, and when they graduate or get married or for some growing up-type occasion, I plan to just color copy and bind them as a gift to them!

Sarah said...

Lillian, I have only had to do a baby book for one child, and I'm already estimating for the days his teeth fell out...the other day, I realized I put the wrong month in for 3 of his teeth. Not sure how it came back to me all of the sudden, but it did, so now I'm debating about if I should go cross out November and write December...

Andrea said...

I had to laugh Lillian! You made me think of my mom...I am first born of 6 (four of which are 10 and under so it's not like she's not busy!) and 25 years old. She still has boxes of stuff that she intends to scrapbook for me someday. So don't worry! You still have plenty of time! lol

Jill said...

I have no albums for any of my four kids. This is a funny post because I just e-mailed a friend and 'hired' her to make my kids' scrapbooks! She is a scrapbook consultant and was looking for projects to do at the events she hosted.
I think my kids think that photos only exist on the computer!

Lael said...

Good for you for taking the plunge and getting back into it. I would love to find a "crop" with those hours around here.

Also, don't waste time worrying about what the other scrappers think of you. Be proud of your awesome blogging that showcases your adorable kids and inspires those of us that hope to have 5 kids with one on the way someday!

One of the coolest baby gifts we've received is a pre-made scrapbook from my "Close to My Heart" consultant friend, Stephanie. She worked hard on lots of sweet pages and left sticky notes in the middle of the picture spaces that tell me exactly what size picture will fit there. So, my 3rd child has the best scrapbook instead of my 1st.

How are you feeling these days??

Related Posts with Thumbnails