Anna: Did you know that bats are the only flying mammals? And did you know that lizards, when they close their eyes, their eyes close up, not down? Also, when you cut their tails off, they grow back.
Kolbe: REALLY? What else do you know, Anna?
Anna: Well, the reason you call cockroaches, cockroaches, is because they ate caca and garbage, except they only have caca in their name.
Kolbe: They eat caca?! GROSS!
Catherine: Caca! Caca! Caca!
*************************************************
As much as I pride myself in my spelling (most of the time), I had to look up a certain word's spelling! LOL! Also, since this post is probably more appropriate for Wikipedia than it is for a science text book, I cannot confirm all of Anna's data, except for the bats and lizard tails. I can see lizards closing their eyes up, but couldn't find it anywhere. And I'm pretty sure her "cockroach" word etymology is NOT factual, but it makes complete sense! LOL!
To think I was worrying about Kolbe not getting any science in his preschool curriculum!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
HILARIOUS! Your kids are just too cute, Lillian.
We miss you all. --Today was the annual berry picking and pie baking at the O'Brien Ranch. Oh such a lovely way to spend a nice spring day! (There were scattered thunderstorms but fortunately none came close enough to get us wet nor dampen our spirits) Wish you all could have been there...
Beverly
Oh Beverly! I would have loved to have been there too! Miss you!!
Post a Comment