We're going to the park!! The kids need to get out and so do I. I'm in some kind of a funk. I'm on the verge of ..... I don't know. So we're going to the park so they can run and scream and I can read.
Today we did:
piano practice (both girls)
math
read aloud
SSR (Belle did 45 minutes and Anna did 45mins. to an hour)
-Isabelle has discovered The Boxcar Children. Anna is hooked on the Magic Treehouse series. She just finished book #33. I know these books are considered twaddle. Jim Trelease says series books (twaddle) is the best kind for SSR and for improving reading fluency. I TOTALLY agree. I was a voracious reader and I lived on series type books like Nancy Drew and Girls of Canby Hall. I later went on to read lots of classics (Heidi is my fave). I've given up on pushing books on Belle. And its working.
Catechism
Latin (Isabelle)
Sound Beginnings (Anna)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment