I never realized how much time I had for blogging before moving!!! Even though I am without internet (I'm borrowing Craig's computer), I don't miss it at all!! My days are filled with homeschooling, sweeping my new hardwood floors, visiting with my mom(-in-law) almost daily, and UNPACKING!!
And so, although I hope to return to blogging next week (after our internet is fixed by switching to a new carrier), I don't think I'll be spending as much time on it as I used to.
But here's what we've been up to: Belle and Anna started attending a homeschool co-op 2 weeks ago and LOVE IT!!! So do my parents. My dad was sooooo happy they were attending (he has fears about them not being properly socialized .. HA!!) and asked if there were any other co-ops they could attend ... maybe 3-4 times a week? YEAH!! Its called SCHOOL!!!
He didn't think I was funny. I don't think they get it ... homeschooling, that is!!! But he's my daddy and I love him!! In fact, I love him so much that after a recent visit and his near heart attacks at watching Catherine go up and down the stairs, we installed stair gates at his request. I had decided we weren't going to because I don't like how they look. And I figured at 16 months she's old enough to learn. But my dad called and asked if I would "consider" it.
I have a very stubborn streak and don't like to be told what to do. But he asked me so nicely and I did move closer to home so they could meddle, didn't I?? ;-)
So, we now have stair gates. BUT ..... the baby fits between the first set of spindles and is able to bypass the entire gate system!!!!!! She figured it out in less than an hour!! So now I have ugly stair gates and a baby who has completely mastered stairs, and a father that is so happy when he visits and sees the gates. He doesn't know she's figured it out. Its our little secret!!!
I wish I could upload pics!! Can't wait to have my own computer back next week.
And, my girls are finally learning Spanish!!! Thanks to the co-op! And grandparents. Even the baby can now say "SIT" in Spanish. Too bad she doesn't understand what it means!
Tomorrow we celebrate Belle's 9th birthday. We're taking her skating (her passion) and then coming home for cake, ice cream, presents, pinata, and lasagna. Family will be here and I'm sure she'll be fine!!! Her real bday is Sunday but we had scheduling conflicts with Superbowl. Who's playing anyways?
Love to you all!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We'll miss ya, but that's an understandable reason to not attend to ones blog as often.
Blah...baby gates on stairs. We can't mount one so we have a serious pressure gate at the bottom...till the kids demolished the positioning...and now we have two lovely holes in the wall...and the baby (just turned 17 mths) has been crawling up and down the stairs for months. We've had a few tumbles but nothing the gate would have stopped. Oh well, grandparents will fret...glad our are far away, lol.
Hee! Hee! Lillian!!
How funny...I'm guessing your dad DOESN'T read your blog?..."The cat's out of the bag" or is it, "Catherine is up the stairs!!" Hee! Hee!
Love and miss you,
Jennifer +JMJ+
Nope, he doesn't read my blog. ;-)
Post a Comment