Boy, have I neglected my poor little blog!!
This month we've been battling stomach viruses, coughs, stuffy noses, vommitting, and laundry chaos! This leaves little time for blogging!
Christmas Eve was celebrated with my dad's traditional Puerto Rican dinner. Two days later my mom-in-law made her authentic Gumbo.
In looking back over the year I've noticed that its definitely been a transition year with Baby Veronica. I often feel I'm barely keeping my head above the laundry, dishes, and school work.
At the beginning of December we (Belle, Craig, and I) made an important decision to discontinue club swimming. The commitment was M-F and Sat mornings. She was missing out on family time and it was just too demanding (in my not so humble opinion) and taking the place of valuable family time. I also didn't like some of the "locker room talk" like 6th graders having boyfriends, etc. Craig and I weren't ready for uninformed and perhaps even amoral adolescents to teach our dd about the facts of life.
She really hated the stress of doing school just to have to eat dinner early and go swim. Only to arrive home in time to sleep.
So we stopped the madness. But I'll admit I feel a little bit about taking her out of a sport she was good at. She has no regrets so I'm following her lead and keep reminding myself she's still a little girl, too young for so much stress.
I'm hoping to emerge from all the chaos of sick kids and laundry backlog. Even on healthy days I struggle to keep up. I've contemplated throwing it all out and jsu starting over! LOL!
Also, besides the kids' coughing and stuffy noses, I've been battling nausea. You know, the kind that lasts 12-14 weeks and is contracted from loving husbands!!!
In August, please God, another baby will grace this house and add laundry of its own!!!! The kids are happy and Kolbe has fervently started praying for a brother.
God is good!! My holiness will be found in the laundry and little babies! ;-)
And so, that's why I've been missing from my little blog.
(I knew when we bought the 12 passenger van that seats would quickly start filling!!!)
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Congratulations!
Great news!!!! Congratulations!!! We're also expecting! God-willing in the middle of May. : )
Wow, congratulations Lillian!! What wonderful news! Hang in there. Somehow all that laundry will get done! :)
Oh, Lillian, I'm so excited to hear your happy news! Prayers for a happy and healthy pregnancy! Maybe Kolbe will finally get his little brother. ;)
Congratulations, Lillian, on your newest little blessing. :)
I know we haven't "seen" each other much, since I left the MODG loop, but I was thinking of you just the other day as I was reading the Shaywitz Dyslexia book. Remembering your work with Isabelle, now that we're dealing with a possible dyslexia diagnosis with Jack. Thanks for the great book recommendation...it's a great read.
Michelle H.
Very cleaver way to slip that in. Congrats on the baby! God is so good. I love swimming as a summer sport. Nothing should be year round in my opinion, no matter how talented the child is. If they have a real talent then you don't want to burn them out. Enjoy the season! Merry Christmas!
I had to reread it a few times before I realized what you were saying! Congratulations! That is wonderful to hear!
Hooray!! Congrats to the Smith family!
Lillian!!!! Congratulations! What wonderful news!!!!!
So great to see you all and you look beautiful! Pregnancy glow is a wonderful thing.
Best wishes to you all!
Good set of resolutions. Welcome to the Catholic Blogger Directory. I'd like to invite you to join us for Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival, a place where a bunch of Catholic bloggers share their weekly best with each other. This week's edition is at http://rannthisthat.blogspot.com/2010/01/happy-new-year-to-another-edition-of.html
Oh goodness! Congratulations! I'm with Kolbe..."boy, boy, boy!"...but you have such lovely girls, I'm sure another little girl would be just as much of a blessing too.
Post a Comment