She's gaining weight!! YEAH!! Today we went in for her 2 week appointment and she weighed in at 8 lbs. 3 oz. Not exactly back at her birth weight but she gained 7 oz. in only 5 days!!! I'm feeding her often and encouraging her to eat for as long as possible. We go back on Friday and hopefully she'll be back to her birth weight.
Also, today she had her first real bath. Up until now she's either taken a bath with me or just had a light sponge bath.
Can I just say that this was the MOST difficult newborn bath I've ever given!! LOL! It had NOTHING to do with Veronica and all to do with the 5 children cramming around me to get the best view.
And the whole time I kept yelling to Craig, "Don't get me in the pictures .... PLEASE!!"
I was still in my pajamas and an awful mess.
****************************
Other great achievements today:
Isabelle: Scored a 100% on her math test!! Woohoo!! She always does well but gets SUPER DUPER excited with perfect scores. That's probably because I get SUPER DUPER excited with perfect scores!! LOL!
Anna: Went to swimming and let me leave!! YEAH!!
Sophia: Finished Lesson 50 of 100 Easy Lessons. We're half way done!! Now, just another 50 lessons to go! *groan*
Kolbe: Reached Lesson 25!! He's half way to Sophia!! Also, he's starting to write his numbers. This is a biggie because he can hardly hold the darn pencil much less make it do what he wants.
Catherine: Still potty trained!! No accidents. And ....... she gave herself another haircut!!
Me: I survived since Craig had to "go back to work." Of course he was home all day but I had to start pretending like he wasn't. LOL!! I didn't try my hardest to pretend!!! LOL!!
Tomorrow he flies out and doesn't return until Thursday night. I guess tomorrow I have no choice, huh?!
******************************
Here are the big sisters giving me a helping hand:
Here are the big sisters giving me a helping hand:
10 comments:
Ahhhhh, so precious! Makes me miss those early days.
I'm always so happy when we can finally get to the end of the lesson, the easy part, practicing writing those two letters...easy compaired to the rhyming exercises, augh.
BEA-U-TIFUL! I want to hold her!!!
Lillian, she is so gorgeous! I'm so glad that nursing is going so much better. :) What a beautiful family you have!
She is so cute! I love that everyone crowds around to see. I think I find that the most bothersome and the most wonderful, all at the same time.
People often ask me, "How can you love all those kids!" I just want to laugh at them. The love grows and that baby isn't un-loved but often over loved. They don't just have dad and I to love on them, but a million older siblings and friends that consider the baby their own. Have fun and I hope you are sleeping!?!?!
Veronica really is precious! Congratulations!!!
Veronica really is an angel.
Don't worry when your husband goes back to work, I am sure that your lovely kids will step up to the plate and help out.
Btw how was the labour this time?
she's absolutely beautiful, Lillian!
Blessings to you! Enjoy these newborn days!
Oh Lillian, I can't believe she got her hands on more scissors. You KNOW she's going to be a stylist one day:)
And I cannot get over how much Veronica has changed in such a short time. Hubby and I both remarked that she is just beautiful! She is so perfect! Glad you are feeding better. Maggie favored (and still does) my right side for some reason too.
Lillian, your little girl is SO BEAUTIFUL! I am so very happy for you and all your family, enjoy the precious months to come!
She is just beautiful--and I love the shots of the older girls helping out. They look like naturals with the baby! You must enjoy having your hands free. Enjoy your houseful and God bless!
Post a Comment