UPDATE: Go over to 'Neen's for a detailed account of Hurricane Ike and the ordeal they went through. She even has video footage! WOW! I'm impressed. I don't know that I would have thought to do that. But I'm sure my Craig would have. Anyways, I'm so happy they are fine. Her account and videos really put things into perspective for me. I'm sure all her kiddos and their guardian angels kept them safe. I never thought about the extra protection might one get with the more kids you have! Hmmmmm ........
I've just spoken to my dear friend, Blair, and she is without electricity. That means no AC as well as lots of others things. While they were able to get a generator, its not meant to be run all day. And stores are only selling non-perishable goods. That translates into LOTS of PB&J. :-(
They were lucky in that their damages weren't nearly as bad as the neighbors.
But that's just Blair! I have lots of friends near Houston (in "the woods") who have not fared as well. So, please keep them all in your prayers. We call it "the woods" because there are telephone pine trees everywhere!! And many of those trees didn't withstand the powerful winds and toppled over homes and blocked streets.
And gas is running out. And mosquitos are very happy with the current environment.
*sigh* I wish I could just run over there and cool everyone off while I whipped them up a nice meal that didn't involve PB&J.
Keep your prayers coming!
Over in the Alamo City, we didn't get one drop of rain until Sunday. And even then it was more of a drizzle. *sigh*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so glad you posted this. I keep checking Blair's blog hoping they were ok!
My inlaws are in "the woods" as well and are going through the same stuff... I, like you, wish I could do *something*!
Thanks for posting this. We just got our power back up and running here in the Spring area, and so many people are still without power, and some even without water. In many places grocery stores are actually beginning to run out of EVERYTHING. We'd really appreciate everyone's prayers for the whole area.
Post a Comment