I've now been on antibiotics for over 24 hours and hope to feel better soon.
I've had my nose in toilet paper FOREVER!! While I've been visiting all summer with dear friends (Sylina, Jennifer, Beverly, Emily, Blair & families), I've also been apologizing for the constant nose blowing. I think I've been at it since before Mother's Day!! That's alot of toilet paper!!
But this past Sunday my teeth and gums started hurting. And my left cheekbone was very sore by evening. That night when I went to bed, I knew something was not right. Monday I was able to see the doctor and he confirmed my suspicions. I have a sinus infection.
He was asking me questions like: "Have you been tired? Any aches? Nausea?" I wanted to laugh. Isn't that just normal with having 5 kids and being pregnant! LOL!
Anyways, I've got my drugs and I hope to feel better soon. VERY SOON! Because Craig leaves for 2 weeks to India at the beginning of August. I have to get this yucky thing past me.
******************
This past Monday was supposed to be our first day of school. The kids have been dying to start since all the books have been arriving. Monday morning (as I was feeling like a freight train had run over me but forgotten to finish the job) the girls woke me up, all dresssed up in their uniforms. They were so eager to start that I felt bad to be cancelling. So, a compromise was reached. I told them to pick one subject to work on. Well, it turned into 2-3 subjects! LOL!
Even Mr. Kolbe was eager to start his first day!
I splurged this year and bought the kids neon colored, glittery binders. I got them notebooks with puppy dogs and kittens on the cover. Kolbe received all things Spider Man. Its amazing how those little things make a big difference. The highlight of Isabelle's day was getting to start science in a 3 subject notebook!! Gosh, my homeschool is getting bigger!
Current grade line up:
Isabelle - 5th grade
Anna - 3rd grade
Sophia - 1st grade
Kolbe - Kinder
Catherine - Chaos101
Baby Smith - still cookin' and doing great!!!
I hope to post later on this week or early next week all the curriculum we're using. Basically, its MODG down to the letter. *** Actually, I just finished linkng to the MODG website. All the books for each grade level are listed. I'm using it all. No need to retype what's already available. ***
Pray that I get better soon. And pray for Blair, too! Mothers shouldn't be allowed to get sick!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Feel better soon! You are so right, mothers should not be allowed to get sick!
Prayers for a speedy recovery, Lillian!
And how amazing that your children are so excited to start school?! What a blessing--you must be an incredible teacher to incite such enthusiasm! Really, coming from a fellow teacher, encouraging school spirit is a real gift. Praise God! :)
HA! No, I'm not an incredible teacher!! Its just that I insist that they get a 1 1/2 month break over the summer. So now they have amnesia and the image of new books and school supplies is more than enough to help them forget the past! LOL!!!
Talk to me in February when we're all ready to throw in the towel! LOL!
Also, the euphoria of being a grade higher (and even one grade away from middle school for my oldest) is helping our "school spirit."
For more information on sinusitis and less invasive treatment options, visit htttp://www.sinusinfocenter.com
Hey Lillian,
My sympathies and prayers with you. I had the exact same thing last summer while pregnant with Maria Victoria...the feeling like your teeth are going to fall out is soooo awful. But the antibiotics did work and quickly, too. Hope you are feeling better soon.
~Michelle
Very cool! What lives of the saints book do you like?
We're still waiting to see if they can sqeeze us in this year...so another month before we'll be even close to start.
Post a Comment