And lots of squeals were going on as younger sisters were delighted to finally inherit "cool" big sister clothing. Some big sisters were sad to pass some outfits on and were trying to convince me their old clothes still fit.
I'm so glad I go all out and buy quality clothing for Isabelle. Not only do I have to look at it for the next two girls (4 years), some of it even makes its way down to Catherine! This year Catherine will be wearing a Christmas dress that Isabelle wore seven years ago. Anna & Sophia also wore this dress once upon a time.
All of my Christmas pictures are starting to look alike. As long as they match, I don't care if outfits play musical chairs on the children.
And yes, I still match them, even with handing down clothes. Although, Isabelle is slowly sneaking out of that phase (to her relief). Now, the three younger girls are sporting matching outfits and Isabelle gets to play the older mismatched sister. She's very happy about that!
But I still plan to have her in the same color scheme! ;-)
As for Kolbe, I bought his church outfits this past weekend. I hope to get to the stores this week to buy him everyday clothes (jeans, shirts, & sweaters).
The girls went to bed excited about the "new" clothes they're wearing tomorrow. If only shopping for clothes could stay this easy forever.
*sigh*
4 comments:
I echo that last sentiment, Lillian...I have a feeling that clothes shopping for our oldest girls is not going to be this fun or easy in coming years. :)
I wish I could pass on clothes like you do! I have to buy Emma's new, usually from Lands' End (to avoid awful trendy clothes in the stores!), and Liam hasn't caught up to the sizes that I still have of Jack's old clothes. I made a horrible mistake when we moved from VA to CA a few years ago, and gave away all the clothes I had saved up from both of them. We were told, unequivocally by a catholic, NFP doctor, that we would never have more children, and I wasn't about to lug 10 huge Rubbermaid bins of clothes across the country. So I gave them away to someone who could use them. When we found out we were expecting again, I groaned audibly, as I thought of the complete boy and girl wardrobes I had just given away!
I won't be making that mistake again!
She looks like such a big girl now in that adorable dress...and how you managed to not loose the hat through all those girls. Accessories are so hard to keep track of at my house.
So cute!
The hat thing impresses me too, Lillian. Wow.
Cute outfit... we are doing the same over here... I am hoping we don't have to get too much this season.
Catherine is scrumptious in that adorable dress! Anything that cute is worth handing down... Hugs, B :)
Post a Comment