I really love Fridays!! It's my favorite day of the week (of course Sunday is my favorite day of the weekend).
We actually finished all our schoolwork this week. And Craig will be home in a few hours. YIPPEE!! The kids and I are excited. He left early Tuesday morning and has been dearly missed! This also means I get to cook up something nice.
When he's gone (he travels during the week for his job) I tend to not make big meals. Yesterday we had carne guisada w/ rice. That was easy because I used my slow cooker for the c.g. and rice cooker for the rice. Wednesday we had chicken chalupas. Tuesday night we had soup and sandwiches.
So tonight I get to whip up something nice!! I love it when Craig comes home. I don't think I'm co-dependent. He's just my absolute best friend who knows (and accepts me) better than anyone I know.
I love how the kids get excited when he arrives. They all go screaming to the door, jump all over him, and totally forget that I even exist!! Never mind that I've been bathing, feeding and clothing them the past few days. The person they really want to be with is DADDY!!
But that's okay!! I love that they love me so much and are with me so much that they forget. And I love that they miss their dad so much that they forget me!! Because Craig doesn't. Amid all the chaos with the children at the door, Craig always searches me out and gives me the first kiss!! He doesn't forget me!! And the kids will start screaming and laughing. Sophia will especially start acting squeamish!! Something about mommies and daddies kissing that makes her laugh and scream as if she didn't like it except that she'll say, "AGAIN DADDY! Kiss mommy again!!" And so he will and then he'll go play with them and the weekend will have started!!
I LOVE FRIDAYS!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yes, it's like that here when Daddy comes home, too. Screaming kids, barking dog, but it's me he wants, so I'm always just behind the kids. Homecomings are great! (Too bad they only come after separation.) Does he work away from home every week?
Yes. Occasionally he'll have a week where he's home all week. His office is at home but since his territory covers all of the U.S. he travels during the week. I guess that's why I posted yesterday about feeling lonely. However, today I'm on top of the world.
I've gotten used to his traveling. It helps me not take him for granted. But I don't necessarily like it either. I just don't burden him anymore. I've learned to look forward to the "homecomings."
And also he isn't always gone this long. Most of the times he leaves one day and returns the next day.
Post a Comment